The Centre is currently delivering the following:
- Eastern Link: Providing technical support to the Eastern link project team.
- Caithness–Moray HVDC (CM) Operational Support: Continuing support to the CM scheme.
- Support for the Shetland Extension of the Caithness-Moray HVDC Link: Modelling the Shetland Network, with the impact of an HVDC connection.
- SCADA System Implementation: Deploying a replica of the SCADA interface to aid training.
- Offshore Coordination: Provision of expert advice on co-ordination across multiple connectors to ensure efficiency when connecting 83-88GW network connected wind together with 27GW interconnectors.
- Coordinated Offshore Functional Designs: development of generic models of key components required for offshore network system studies.
- Moyle Interconnector: Hosting the replica control and protection cubicles on behalf of Mutual Energy; enabling the support of the upgrade and ongoing operation of the Moyle Interconnector
- HVDC-Connected Offshore Wind Farms: Controller interaction and grid stability study
Previously completed projects:
- PROMOTioN (WP9 lead): Demonstration of DC grid protection
- ESO Stability Pathfinder: The HVDC Centre investigates the impact of declining system strength on the stability of HVDC links
- Maximising HVDC for Black Start: The HVDC Centre leads the improvement of Great Britain’s Black Start capabilities using HVDC.
- North Sea Link Protection Coordination Testing: The HVDC Centre supports the protection co-ordination testing for the new HVDC North Sea Link interconnector to ensure the security and resilience of the GB electricity network.
- Caithness–Moray HVDC Scheme during Delivery (CM): The HVDC Centre was able to help address technical challenges and assure the delivery of the project using Replicas of the control panels to test the operation of the system under a range of conditions, with a detailed representation of the AC network.
Please contact us (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like any further information.