The HVDC Centre supports HVDC innovation activities.
The Centre is currently supporting the following projects:
- TOTEM: Transmission Owner Tools for EMT Modelling
- HVDC Phasor Based Monitoring
- Distributed ReStart
- INCENTIVE: Innovative Control and Energy Storage for Ancillary Services in Offshore Wind
- Network-DC Circuit Breakers
- AC Protection Solutions in Converter Rich Network
- RTDS Model Development Project (with TransGrid Solutions)
- HVDC R&D Strategy (commissioned by BEIS)
Previously completed projects:
- Protection Performance Overview: and Validation in Low Strength Areas (with Manitoba Hydro International;2020-2021)
- Adaptive Damping of Power Oscillations: using HVDC (with EPRI;2020-2021)
- Evaluation of HVDC with Synchronous Condenser: impact on AC Protection (with the University of Strathclyde;2020-2021)
- COMPOSITE Testing: of HVDC-connected Offshore Wind Farms (2020-2021)
- Stability Assessment Phase 2: and Mitigation of Converter Interactions (2020-2021)
- Coordination of AC network protection: during HVDC energisation (with EPRI; 2019-2020)
- Stability Assessment: and mitigation converter interactions (with the University of Strathclyde; 2019-2020)
- Improving Grid Code for HVDC schemes: (with Cardiff University; 2019-2020)
- Developing Open-Source Converter Models: (with the University of Strathclyde; 2018-2019)
- Stability assessment for co-located converters: (with the University of Manchester; 2016)
- Design of DC/DC Converter: (with the University of Aberdeen; 2015)
Click here for a summary of other HVDC-related Network Innovation Allowance Projects.
Please contact us (or email: email@example.com) if you would like any further information.