The Centre is currently delivering the following:
- Eastern Link: Providing technical support to the Eastern link project team.
- HVDC Support: for Electricity System Black-Start and Restoration
- Multi-Vendor Implications for Shetland: Impact of a developing a multi-vendor multi-terminal system
- Shetland Fault-Level/Modelling: Modelling the Shetland Network, with the impact of an HVDC connection.
- SCADA System Implementation: Deploying a replica of the SCADA interface to aid training.
- Coordination of AC network protection during grid energisation from HVDC schemes (with EPRI)
- Stability assessment and mitigation of HVDC converter interactions (with the University of Strathclyde)
- Improving Grid Code Compliance of existing and upcoming HVDC Schemes in GB (with Cardiff University)
- PROMOTioN (WP9 lead): Demonstration of DC grid protection
Please contact us (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like any further information.